Search for scholarships, learn how to apply and explore opportunities offered by our department.
How to Apply
- Complete a general application in Pack ASSIST, and the university will match you with awards for which you qualify.
- Review application deadlines and apply early to receive first consideration. Newly admitted students should apply when they’re admitted.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Complete a single application with the Study Abroad Office. This is a different application than Pack ASSIST.
- Review application deadlines for spring, summer and fall study abroad cycles.
Graduate Student Support
- NC State offers a limited number of fellowships, grants and other awards for graduate students.
- Students should check with their home department about program-specific awards.
School of Social Work Scholarships
The Nancy and Leland E. Garrett Scholarship
The Nancy and Leland E. Garrett Scholarship shall be used to support graduate students in the Master of Social Work program. The award will be given to a deserving student who is working in a clinical setting or who shows interest in medical work with patients experiencing renal failure and/or kidney disease.
The Myatt-Peebles Scholarship
Established by alumna Dr. Wilma C. Peebles-Wilkins to honor the memory of her parents and their descendants, the Myatt-Peebles Scholarship is given to undergraduate students pursuing their BSW degree. Recipients are selected based on the college’s merit and need-based scholarship criteria and are renewable as long as the student continues to meet the award requirements.