The Fall 2016 Graduation Ceremony will be held May 12th, 2017 in the Talley State Ballroom. Time: 2:00 PM. Students must arrive at 1:00 PM.
View Our Spring 2017 Graduation Video!
Graduation Ceremony Information
Tickets & Guests
Guests must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. For information regarding tickets, please email Mr. Daniel Corn.
Parking & Directions
The Department of Social Work Spring 2017 Graduation Ceremony will take place in the Talley State Ballroom, located in the Talley Student Union. Please be aware that highway construction in southeast Raleigh on I-40 to U.S. 1 in Cary may contribute to traffic delays as you travel to and from NC State graduation ceremonies and events. Click Here to check on congestion so you can “Know Before You Go."
Campus parking is free and open to the public after 5:00 PM on weekdays and throughout the weekend, with a few posted exceptions. The best place to park for the graduation ceremony would be in the Reynolds Colliseum Parking Deck (use link for Google maps directions), which is located next to Reynolds Coliseum.
For more information, please visit the NC State Transportation page for Visitor Parking.
Directions to the Talley Student Union
Use link above for Google Maps directions
Heading eastbound on Hillsborough Street, turn right onto Pullen Road (just before the NC State bell tower). Or, heading westbound on Hillsborough Street, turn left onto Pullen Road. Follow Pullen Road through the main campus, making a right onto Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
Take Aviation Parkway to I-40 east. Take I-40 to I-440 South - Outer Beltline. Take I-440 to Exit 2, Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Straight on Western; left right on Pullen Road. Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
Take U.S. Route 64 West. Take I-440 South - Inner Beltline. Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
Take I-95 South to I-85 South. Take Exit 218, Route 1 South, to Raleigh (left exit). Follow Route 1 South for approximately 40 miles into north Raleigh. From Route 1 (Capital Boulevard) take exit for I-440 - Outer Beltline (towards Sanford). Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
Take I-95 North to I-40 North. Take I-40 West to I-440 (Inner Beltline). Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh and NC State). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
In order you secure your graduation clearance, you must:
- Confirm Graduation Application procedures and complete any college or departmental paperwork with your advisor, including completing your Graduate Plan of Work (for MSW Students only).
- Complete the online Graduation Application (Graduation Application Help Guide) in MyPack Portal.
- Confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements for your degree.
- If applying for a minor, speak with your Minor Advisor (for BSW students only).
Once you have applied to graduate, please do the following to prepare for Graduation Day:
- Purchase your graduation apparel: Your robes, mortarboard and tassel can be purchased through the NC State Bookstore. Preordering is only required for special needs and those orders should be made 4 – 6 months prior to your graduation date. Photo ID is required for apparel purchases. For more information about apparel and announcements please visit the Apparel, Grad Announcements & Diploma Frames Page.
- Check your FERPA/Privacy Block settings: We can only print your name in the graduation program if you have either removed the privacy block completely or if you have a full privacy block, you allow a release for certain publications (graduation materials). If you do not remove your privacy block or allow a release for publications, we will not print your name in the graduation program, however, your name will still be called during the departmental graduation ceremony. Students can check their FERPA settings in Mypack Portal. Click here for information on how to remove your privacy block.
- Students can also remove their privacy block using the following pathways: ‘For Students’ tab > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’ > FERPA Restrictions’ OR ‘Student Center’ > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’. ‘Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions’. Select which fields, if any, you would like to restrict. ‘Save’
- Check your name and address: Your official North Carolina State University diplomas will be mailed to the address that appears in MyPack Portal. If you have any financial holds on your account, you will not receive your diploma until they have been resolved. Diplomas will be mailed to you about a month after graduation.Your Diploma will have on it the name that you have saved as your name in MyPack Portal.
- Special Recognition: The Department of Social Work enjoys recognizing our students for their accomplishments. Therefore, If you are a veteran, scholar, Phi Alpha or other honor society member, please have your designated representative email Ms. Paige Moore to ensure that you your accomplishments are recognized in the graduation program.
- Special Access Needs: Be sure to email Ms. Paige Moore if you or your graduation guests have any special access needs.
- Slideshow Photo Submission: Once graduates have removed their privacy block, they will need to send a headshot photo along with cohort photos/photos at field placements to Ms. Paige Moore for the graduation slideshow. All photos will be screened to ensure that they are appropriate for the intended audience. If a student does not send a personal headshot photo, their student ID photo will be used.