The Spring 2018 graduation ceremony for the Department of Social Work is on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 2:00 PM in the State Ballroom of Talley Student Union.
Graduating students should report to Room 4280 in Talley Student Union at 1:00 PM.
Please scroll down for further directions and details.
View Our Spring 2017 Graduation Video!
Graduation Ceremony Information
Tickets & Guests
Guests must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. Each BSW and MSW graduate will receive seven tickets. For information regarding tickets, please email Mr. Daniel Corn.
Parking & Directions
The Department of Social Work Spring 2018 Graduation Ceremony will take place in the Talley State Ballroom in the Talley Student Union on NC State’s main campus. Please be aware that highway construction in southeast Raleigh on I-40 to U.S. 1 in Cary may contribute to traffic delays as you travel to and from NC State graduation ceremonies and events. Click Here to check on congestion so you can “Know Before You Go."
For more information, please visit the NC State Transportation page for Visitor Parking.
FROM NC STATE MAIN CAMPUS (HILLSBOROUGH STREET)
Heading eastbound on Hillsborough Street, turn right onto Pullen Road (just before the NC State bell tower). Or, heading westbound on Hillsborough Street, turn left onto Pullen Road. Follow Pullen Road through the main campus, making a right onto Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
FROM RDU AIRPORT AND POINTS WEST
Take Aviation Parkway to I-40 east. Take I-40 to I-440 South - Outer Beltline. Take I-440 to Exit 2, Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Straight on Western; left right on Pullen Road. Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
FROM POINTS EAST
Take U.S. Route 64 West. Take I-440 South - Inner Beltline. Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
FROM RICHMOND AND POINTS NORTH
Take I-95 South to I-85 South. Take Exit 218, Route 1 South, to Raleigh (left exit). Follow Route 1 South for approximately 40 miles into north Raleigh. From Route 1 (Capital Boulevard) take exit for I-440 - Outer Beltline (towards Sanford). Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right
FROM POINTS SOUTH
Take I-95 North to I-40 North. Take I-40 West to I-440 (Inner Beltline). Take Exit 2 - Western Boulevard (towards downtown Raleigh and NC State). Turn left on Cates Avenue. Turn left on Jensen Drive. Coliseum parking deck entrance will be on your right.
In order you secure your graduation clearance, you must:
- Confirm Graduation Application procedures and complete any college or departmental paperwork with your advisor, including completing your Graduate Plan of Work (for MSW Students only).
- Complete the online Graduation Application (Graduation Application Help Guide) in MyPack Portal.
- Confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements for your degree.
- If applying for a minor, speak with your Minor Advisor (for BSW students only).
Once you have applied to graduate, please do the following to prepare for Graduation Day:
- Purchase your graduation apparel: Your robes, mortarboard and tassel can be purchased through the NC State Bookstore. Preordering is only required for special needs and those orders should be made 4 – 6 months prior to your graduation date. Photo ID is required for apparel purchases. For more information about apparel and announcements please visit the Apparel, Grad Announcements & Diploma Frames Page.
Check your FERPA/Privacy Block settings: We can only print your name in the graduation program if you have either removed the privacy block completely or if you have a full privacy block, you allow a release for certain publications (graduation materials). If you do not remove your privacy block or allow a release for publications, we will not print your name in the graduation program, however, your name will still be called during the departmental graduation ceremony. Students can check their FERPA settings in Mypack Portal. Click here for information on how to remove your privacy block.
- Students can also remove their privacy block using the following pathways: ‘For Students’ tab > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’ > FERPA Restrictions’ OR ‘Student Center’ > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’. ‘Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions’. Select which fields, if any, you would like to restrict. ‘Save’
- Check your name and address: Your official North Carolina State University diplomas will be mailed to the address that appears in MyPack Portal. If you have any financial holds on your account, you will not receive your diploma until they have been resolved. Diplomas will be mailed to you about a month after graduation.Your Diploma will have on it the name that you have saved as your name in MyPack Portal.
- Special Recognition: The Department of Social Work enjoys recognizing our students for their accomplishments. Therefore, If you are a veteran, scholar, Phi Alpha or other honor society member, please have your designated representative email Ms. Paige Moore to ensure that you your accomplishments are recognized in the graduation program.
- Special Access Needs: Be sure to email Ms. Paige Moore if you or your graduation guests have any special access needs.
- Slideshow Photo Submission: Once graduates have removed their privacy block, they will need to send a headshot photo along with cohort photos/photos at field placements to Ms. Paige Moore for the graduation slideshow. All photos will be screened to ensure that they are appropriate for the intended audience. If a student does not send a personal headshot photo, their student ID photo will be used.
NC State Department of Social Work Graduation Live Stream Link
Spring 2018 Graduation Dates and Deadlines
|Apply for Graduation||
All undergraduate students must apply to graduate before 5 pm on February, 12, 2018.
All graduate students must apply to graduate before 5 pm on March 30, 2018.
|Directions can be found here.|
|Remove Privacy Block||
All students should check their FERPA/Privacy Block settings. We can only print your name in the graduation program if you have either removed the privacy block completely or if you have a full privacy block, you allow a release for certain publications (graduation materials.) If you do not remove your privacy block or allow a release for publications, we will not print your name in the graduation program, however, your name will still be called during the departmental graduation ceremony.
Students can check their setting in their MyPack Portal accounts. Here is information on how to do so.
|Contribute to Class Gift||Consider donating to the class gift, use link for more information.||Class gift information|
|Submit Grade Exclusions||
Undergraduate students – If you have not used your grade exclusions, you will need to do so BEFORE you complete your graduation application.
*Do not grade exclude a course that is fulfilling a graduation requirement or you will not graduate*
|Directions can be found here.|
Submit Information for Name Change
and address confirmation.
|Ensure that your name in MyPack Portal is correct, as that is how it will appear on your diploma. Check your address as that is where your diploma will be mailed. BEFORE graduation application has been submitted.||Directions can be found here.|
|Purchase Graduation Attire||
All graduating students must purchase robes, a mortarboard and a tassel from the bookstore. Do not wait until the last minute to purchase these! See details here.
Price for complete set: $52.95, Honors Stoles: $27.00
AFTER graduation application has been
|MSW/BSW Speaker Poll||Polls sent to graduating students to vote for BSW speaker.||2/13/2018|
Honor Society, Student
Organizations and VA Office
Contact your honor society, student organization officers,and/or VA rep and
make sure they have your name on a list to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
by the deadline. Make sure that you have requested any stoles,
cords or other graduation regalia they might provide.
|Remove Privacy Block||Last day to remove privacy block||3/30/2018|
|MSW/BSW Speaker(s) Draft Due||Draft of speeches due. Send to email@example.com||4/6/2018|
Last date to notify the Department of Social Work that you will need
assistance purchasing graduation attire. (Cap, gown, etc.)
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Graduation Guest Attendance||
Each BSW and MSW graduate will receive seven tickets for their guests. Check your email for ticket pickup instructions. This date is the deadline to request special access needs for graduates or guests.
Honors and Organization Fall 2015
Graduates List Submission Deadline
Deadline for honor society and student organizations to submit list of
graduates for graduation program recognition.Send to: email@example.com
|Special Access Needs||
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any special access needs requests. Either
personal (BSW graduate) or family member/graduation attendee needs. If,
for example, a wheelchair is required please be sure to specify.
|Student Photo Submission Date||
Last day to submit personal photo and cohort photos for graduation
slideshow. If a graduate does not send a photo, the student's ID photo on
file will be used. Send to: email@example.com
|MSW/BSW Speeches Due||5/4/2018|
Department of Social Work
Talley State Ballroom in Talley Student Union.
Students should report to Room 4280 in Talley Student Union at 1:00 PM.
|NC State Graduation Ceremony||Instructions from NC State.||5/12/2018|
||The Department of Social Work Appreciates any and all cap and gown donations for future graduating students!||