The School of Social Work 2023 Spring Graduation Ceremony will take place in the Talley Student Union Ballrooms at 2:00 PM on May 5, 2023. Graduates will be able to walk the stage and accept recognition at this ceremony.
Graduating students should report to Room 4280 in Talley Student Union between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm so you can be lined up for the processional.
Doors will open for your guests at 1:30 pm.
Please scroll down for further directions and details.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Tickets & Guests
We will be issuing tickets for the ceremony. We will send out further ticketing information in late February! Additionally, if you have a guest who needs handicap accessible seating, please let us know ASAP so that we can make arrangements.
Your visiting family and friends can park in the Coliseum Parking Deck, which you can find here.
For more information, please visit the NC State Transportation page for Visitor Parking.
In order to secure your graduation clearance, you must:
- Confirm Graduation Application procedures and complete any college or school paperwork with your advisor, including completing your Graduate Plan of Work (for MSW Students only).
- Complete the online Graduation Application (Graduation Application Help Guide) in MyPack Portal.
- Confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements for your degree.
- If applying for a minor, speak with your Minor Advisor (for BSW students only).
Once you have applied to graduate, please do the following to prepare for Graduation Day:
- Purchase your graduation apparel: Your robes, mortarboard and tassel can be purchased through the NC State Bookstore. Preordering is only required for special needs and those orders should be made 4 – 6 months prior to your graduation date. Photo ID is required for apparel purchases. For more information about apparel and announcements please visit the Apparel, Grad Announcements & Diploma Frames Page.
Check your FERPA/Privacy Block settings: We can only print your name in the graduation program if you have either removed the privacy block completely or if you have a full privacy block, you allow a release for certain publications (graduation materials). If you do not remove your privacy block or allow a release for publications, we will not print your name in the graduation program, however, your name will still be called during the school graduation ceremony. Students can check their FERPA settings in Mypack Portal. Click here for information on how to remove your privacy block.
- Students can also remove their privacy block using the following pathways: ‘For Students’ tab > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’ > FERPA Restrictions’ OR ‘Student Center’ > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’. ‘Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions’. Select which fields, if any, you would like to restrict. ‘Save’
- Check your name and address: Your official North Carolina State University diplomas will be mailed to the address that appears in MyPack Portal. If you have any financial holds on your account, you will not receive your diploma until they have been resolved. Diplomas will be mailed to you about a month after graduation.Your Diploma will have on it the name that you have saved as your name in MyPack Portal.
- Special Recognition: The School of Social Work enjoys recognizing our students for their accomplishments. Therefore, If you are a veteran, scholar, Phi Alpha or other honor society member, please have your designated representative email Daniel Corn to ensure that you your accomplishments are recognized in the graduation program.
- Special Access Needs: Be sure to email Daniel Corn if you or your graduation guests have any special access needs.
- Slideshow Photo Submission: Once graduates have removed their privacy block, they will need to send a headshot photo along with cohort photos/photos at field placements to Daniel Corn for the graduation slideshow. All photos will be screened to ensure that they are appropriate for the intended audience. If a student does not send a personal headshot photo, their student ID photo will be used.