The Fall 2017 graduation ceremony for the Department of Social Work is on Thursday, December 14th, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the auditorium of the Hunt Library on Centennial Campus.
Please scroll down for further directions and details.
View Our Spring 2017 Graduation Video!
Graduation Ceremony Information
Tickets & Guests
Guests must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. For information regarding tickets, please email Mr. Daniel Corn.
Parking & Directions
The Department of Social Work Fall 2017 Graduation Ceremony will take place in the Hunt Library Auditorium on Centennial Campus. Please be aware that highway construction in southeast Raleigh on I-40 to U.S. 1 in Cary may contribute to traffic delays as you travel to and from NC State graduation ceremonies and events. Click Here to check on congestion so you can “Know Before You Go."
Campus parking is free and open to the public after 5:00 PM on weekdays and throughout the weekend, with a few posted exceptions. With the graduation ceremony beginning at 4:00 PM, attendees will need to pay by the space for the first hour or so, parking will be free beginning at 5:00 PM.
For more information, please visit the NC State Transportation page for Visitor Parking.
Directions Coming Soon
In order you secure your graduation clearance, you must:
- Confirm Graduation Application procedures and complete any college or departmental paperwork with your advisor, including completing your Graduate Plan of Work (for MSW Students only).
- Complete the online Graduation Application (Graduation Application Help Guide) in MyPack Portal.
- Confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements for your degree.
- If applying for a minor, speak with your Minor Advisor (for BSW students only).
Once you have applied to graduate, please do the following to prepare for Graduation Day:
- Purchase your graduation apparel: Your robes, mortarboard and tassel can be purchased through the NC State Bookstore. Preordering is only required for special needs and those orders should be made 4 – 6 months prior to your graduation date. Photo ID is required for apparel purchases. For more information about apparel and announcements please visit the Apparel, Grad Announcements & Diploma Frames Page.
- Check your FERPA/Privacy Block settings: We can only print your name in the graduation program if you have either removed the privacy block completely or if you have a full privacy block, you allow a release for certain publications (graduation materials). If you do not remove your privacy block or allow a release for publications, we will not print your name in the graduation program, however, your name will still be called during the departmental graduation ceremony. Students can check their FERPA settings in Mypack Portal. Click here for information on how to remove your privacy block.
- Students can also remove their privacy block using the following pathways: ‘For Students’ tab > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’ > FERPA Restrictions’ OR ‘Student Center’ > ‘Personal Information’ > ‘Privacy Settings’. ‘Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions’. Select which fields, if any, you would like to restrict. ‘Save’
- Check your name and address: Your official North Carolina State University diplomas will be mailed to the address that appears in MyPack Portal. If you have any financial holds on your account, you will not receive your diploma until they have been resolved. Diplomas will be mailed to you about a month after graduation.Your Diploma will have on it the name that you have saved as your name in MyPack Portal.
- Special Recognition: The Department of Social Work enjoys recognizing our students for their accomplishments. Therefore, If you are a veteran, scholar, Phi Alpha or other honor society member, please have your designated representative email Ms. Paige Moore to ensure that you your accomplishments are recognized in the graduation program.
- Special Access Needs: Be sure to email Ms. Paige Moore if you or your graduation guests have any special access needs.
- Slideshow Photo Submission: Once graduates have removed their privacy block, they will need to send a headshot photo along with cohort photos/photos at field placements to Ms. Paige Moore for the graduation slideshow. All photos will be screened to ensure that they are appropriate for the intended audience. If a student does not send a personal headshot photo, their student ID photo will be used.
NC State University Commencement Information
Fall 2017 Graduation Dates and Deadlines
|Apply for Graduation||Graduation Application Closes: 10/27/2017||Directions can be found here.|
|Remove Privacy Block||Your name will not appear in the graduation program if you do not remove|
your privacy block.
|Instructions for removing privacy block|
|Contribute to Class Gift||Consider donating to the class gift, use link for more information.||Class gift information|
|Submit Grade Exclusions||If you have not used your grade exclusions, you will need to do so BEFORE you complete your graduation application.||Directions can be found here.|
|Submit Information for Name Change|
and address confirmation.
|Ensure that your name in MyPack Portal is correct, as that is how it will appear on your diploma. Check your address as that is where your diploma will be mailed. BEFORE graduation application has been submitted.||Directions can be found here.|
|Purchase Graduation Attire||Purchase at the bookstore.|
Price for complete set: $52.95, Honors Stoles: $27.00
|AFTER graduation application has been|
|BSW Speaker Poll||Poll sent to graduating students to vote for BSW speaker.||9/15/2017|
|BSW Speaker Poll||Poll for BSW Speaker Closes at 5:00 PM||9/22/2017|
|BSW Speaker Email||Nominated BSW speaker receives notification email.||9/25/2017|
|BSW Speaker Accept/Decline||Nominated BSW speaker to notify Department of Social Work if he/she has|
accepted or declined the opportunity to speak at graduation.
|BSW Speaker||Fall 2017 graduates notified as to who speaker will be.||10/2/2017|
|Apply for Graduation||Graduation Application Closes||10/27/2017|
|Honor Society, Student|
Organizations and VA Office
|Contact your honor society, student organization officers,and/or VA rep and|
make sure they have your name on a list to submit to email@example.com
by the deadline. Make sure that you have requested any stoles,
cords or other graduation regalia they might provide.
|Remove Privacy Block||Last day to remove privacy block||10/27/2017|
|BSW Speaker Draft Due||Draft of speech due. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org||11/3/2017|
|Graduation Attire||Last date to notify the Department of Social Work that you will need|
assistance purchasing graduation attire. (Cap, gown, etc.)
Send to: email@example.com
|Graduation Guest Attendance||All questions directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org||12/1/2017|
|Honors and Organization Fall 2015|
Graduates List Submission Deadline
|Deadline for honor society and student organizations to submit list of|
graduates for graduation program recognition.Send to: email@example.com
|Special Access Needs||Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any special access needs requests. Either|
personal (BSW graduate) or family member/graduation attendee needs. If,
for example, a wheelchair is required please be sure to specify.
|BSW Photo Submission Date||Last day to submit personal photo and BSW cohort photos for graduation|
slideshow. If a graduate does not send a photo, the student's ID photo on
file will be used. Photos will not be accepted after this date.
Send to: email@example.com
|BSW Speech Due||Final copy of BSW speech due. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org||12/1/2017|
|Department of Social Work|
|Hunt Library Auditorium, 4:00 PM. |
Email Daniel Corn for all ticket questions: email@example.com
|NC State Graduation Ceremony||Instructions from NC State.||12/15/2017|
|The Department of Social Work Appreciates any and all cap and gown donations for future graduating students!|