Now accepting applications for our MSW Program!
Apply to Our MSW Program
Please use the information on this page to complete the application for the MSW Program. Be sure to follow the steps listed below in order and to completion. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Steps for applying:
- Read Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Letters of Reference:
- Students applying to the Advanced Standing program are required to submit three letters of reference. The three references must include one professional/volunteer letter of reference, one academic letter of reference, and one letter of reference from a Field Education Designee (Field Supervisor, Field Coordinator, or Field Director.)
Students applying to the Traditional program are required to submit three letters of reference. The three references must include two professional/volunteer letters of reference and one academic letter of reference.*The instructions for uploading and attaching the letters of reference are included in the electronic application to the Graduate School.*
- Complete Department Application: Department of Social Work MSW Application
- Submit Resume: Download Resume Submission Template
*Please note that resumes will not be accepted in any other format. Applicants must use the format provided*
- Complete Graduate School Application: Both steps 3 and 4 are uploaded to the Graduate School Application.
*It is recommended but not required, that applicants register for and attend an MSW information session*
Transfer Course Equivalencies Link
Please check your transfer course equivalencies for Statistics (ST 311) and Biology (BIO 105/106, 181, 183, or 212) using the following link.
See Transfer Course Equivalencies
MSW News - Social Work News More
NC State, Campbell Law School Partner to Offer Dual Graduate Degree in Social Work, Law
A new dual degree program enables students to earn a Master of Social Work and a Juris Doctor simultaneously through NC State’s Department of Social Work and Campbell Law School.