Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Resources for Students
Studying social work means making the most of your education and your time at NC State. To help you achieve this goal, explore these tools and tips.
School of Social Work Events See all Social Work Events/Submit an Event
Scholarship Opportunities for Social Work Students
- Carolina Counseling Services Award
- Verna Dority MSW, LCSW Award
- Leland E. and Nancy Garrett Scholarship
Support for Writing and Research
Concise, clear writing is critical for professional social workers. Use these guides and resources to improve your writing:
- The Writing Resources Guide, NC State, D.H. Hill Library. Additional NC State library writing resources can be found below.
- NC State Writing and Speaking Tutorial Services at the University Tutorial Center helps students improve their writing.
- NC State Library Databases:
- NC State Library Tutorial, Teach Yourself: Beginning the Research Process
- Writing in APA, OWL Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Strengthening Your Writing Skills: An Essential Task for Every Social Worker, National Association of Social Workers
- Writing a Letter to your Member of Congress, APA
- The New Social Worker Online
- Information for Practice
Volunteer, Career and Professional Resources
NC State Career Development Center
- ePack: NC State job posting database
- Agency Volunteering and Shadowing Opportunities for Students
- Writing a Social Work resume that Works, NASW-NC
- Career Development Tips from NASW
- National Association of Social Worker Code of Ethics (NASW)
- National Association of Social Workers North Carolina Chapter (NASW – NC)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Student Resource Request
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a request so we can adjust our website.Submit Request Here