Welcome to NC State!
Whether you are an new first-year student or new transfer we welcome you and we are excited to work with you and help you earn your degree!
After being accepted, visit the admissions page to read through the New Student Checklist. This list has everything including how to confirm your enrollment, parking information, housing, and where to send transcripts.
After reading through this, we recommend that you contact the BSW Advising Coordinator or Program Manager (MSW). Your advisorwill be your key to NC State and help make sure that you are enrolled in the best class schedule for you and will make sure that you are not enrolled in any classes that you do not need to take. Please visit our Advising page to learn more about advisors, the role they play, your responsibilities as a student and additional forms that will assist with degree plans. The degree plans are especially helpful for students planning on declaring a minor or double-major in another discipline.
*BSW New Transfers* – If you have an Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college, make sure that the community college sends a transcript that says “Degree Awarded” or “Degree Received”. This lack of wording will affect the way your transfer credits appear on your degree audit.
Resources for New Students
- Experience NC State
- New Student Orientation
- Transition to College Guide
- Summer Start
- Academic Calendar
- Using the Enrollment Wizard
- Using the Pack Planner
- Information on Waiving Student Health Insurance or Enrolling in the Student Blue Health Plan
- Update your Housing Application
- Granting Parent/Guardian Access to Student Information
- Update Addresses and Phone Numbers
- If you have a preferred name other than your legal name, please update your preferred name in MyPack Portal.